Cleaning the watch strap or bracelet
Straps and bracelets are an integral component of watches. They are made from a wide variety of materials: from traditional metal and leather to ceramics, plastic, silicone, etc.
And the point is not only that it loses its appearance, but also because of pollution, especially from the inside , it creates the most favorable conditions for the propagation of harmful microorganisms. So that the strap / bracelet can be cleaned in the most inconvenient places for access, it must be removed from the watch.
- The ceramic bracelet on the watch is the easiest to clean – just wipe it with a soft cloth moistened with liquid for washing glasses, it will be like new.
- It is recommended to clean the leather strap on the watch with a cotton pad soaked in soapy water, to which several drops of ammonia have been added, after which the soapy residue is removed with a damp cloth. The silicone strap / bracelet is also cleaned with the same solution. It is not recommended to soak the leather strap in the solution, and also to clean it with gasoline or alcohol. If the skin on the strap is light, and even more so white, it is cleaned with a mixture of milk and egg white.
- For plastic, rubber and fabric straps / bracelets, it is recommended to clean with toothpaste or a solution of laundry soap.
- Stainless steel watches usually have a stainless steel bracelet, which is cleaned with a mixture of table vinegar and soda (vinegar can be replaced with ammonia). The silver bracelet is cleaned with the same solution. This can also be done with ordinary shampoo or a mild detergent for dishes. Although the bracelet is stainless, it must be wiped dry with a dry cotton cloth or microfiber.
- A gold bracelet is not steel, from constant wear it can become dull and become contaminated by sweat and grease , which pores on the hand secrete. It can not be cleaned with any aqueous solutions – only a mechanical cleaning method using baby powder, powdered chalk or powder. They are applied to a dry flannel , the bracelet is polished on both sides, and then wiped with a dry cloth.
How to choose a watch for men?
All watches are also divided into women’s watches, men’s watches and universal. Representatives of any gender can wear a universal option, but more often models with characteristic features of a particular category are purchased to emphasize their status.
Generally men’s watch models have a heavier case, wide strap or bracelet. The material for them is often platinum, gold or steel. Plain bracelet and case do not attract attention, unlike the dial. As a rule, it is distinguished by its complexity and the presence of additional elements on it. Shock-resistant self-winding models are popular.
If you want to give a man a watch, with the expectation that he wears their daily lives, it is best in this case to make your choice in favor of mechanical models. At the same time, if you need to give a watch for fishing, tourism, sports and other active forms of life, then it is best to choose a quartz watch.
During its long journey, watches have undergone numerous changes. And since technology does not stand still, but is constantly changing, modern watches have also affected this. And in this case we are talking about solar-powered watches.
Initially, solar-powered watches appeared in small batches , but today almost all watch brands have similar models in their collections. The first to see the world was a solar-powered watch from Citizen. This brand presented its customers numerous models of watches with a similar type of power supply, including models such as waterproof and deep-sea.
Any watch needs power to work without interruption. For a wristwatch with a solar battery, sunlight acts as energy, which is quite enough if the watch is worn daily. But you need to think about the battery. It is used to accumulate energy in the daytime, which allows you to work for hours without interruptions in the evening and even at night.
The solar battery is located in the watch case and can be designed in different ways. Most often, it is presented as a small lens on the body. A solar photocell is placed under the glass, it is he who is responsible for converting the incident light into electricity and charging the battery. So the principle of operation of such watches is no different from the work of other solar-powered gadgets.
Most often, solar-powered watches are found in sports collections, although some brands also produce classic models of this accessory. The cost of such accessories is significant, therefore, counterfeits without a battery and with imitation of a photo cell very often fall on the shelves. Also, fakes are distinguished by the wrong brand name. So be careful when choosing such a watch.