Cleaning the watch strap or bracelet
Straps and bracelets are an integral component of watches. They are made from a wide variety of materials: from traditional metal and leather to ceramics, plastic, silicone, etc.
And the point is not only that it loses its appearance, but also because of pollution, especially from the inside , it creates the most favorable conditions for the propagation of harmful microorganisms. So that the strap / bracelet can be cleaned in the most inconvenient places for access, it must be removed from the watch.
- The ceramic bracelet on the watch is the easiest to clean – just wipe it with a soft cloth moistened with liquid for washing glasses, it will be like new.
- It is recommended to clean the leather strap on the watch with a cotton pad soaked in soapy water, to which several drops of ammonia have been added, after which the soapy residue is removed with a damp cloth. The silicone strap / bracelet is also cleaned with the same solution. It is not recommended to soak the leather strap in the solution, and also to clean it with gasoline or alcohol. If the skin on the strap is light, and even more so white, it is cleaned with a mixture of milk and egg white.
- For plastic, rubber and fabric straps / bracelets, it is recommended to clean with toothpaste or a solution of laundry soap.
- Stainless steel watches usually have a stainless steel bracelet, which is cleaned with a mixture of table vinegar and soda (vinegar can be replaced with ammonia). The silver bracelet is cleaned with the same solution. This can also be done with ordinary shampoo or a mild detergent for dishes. Although the bracelet is stainless, it must be wiped dry with a dry cotton cloth or microfiber.
- A gold bracelet is not steel, from constant wear it can become dull and become contaminated by sweat and grease , which pores on the hand secrete. It can not be cleaned with any aqueous solutions – only a mechanical cleaning method using baby powder, powdered chalk or powder. They are applied to a dry flannel , the bracelet is polished on both sides, and then wiped with a dry cloth.
Main recommendations to choose men’s watches
The choice of men’s watches is a scrupulous affair, which suggests first thinking over what exactly a useful accessory is for. If you like the classic, then it is better to dwell on analog devices or smart watches with a traditional design. For fans of an active lifestyle and lovers of newfangled gadgets, both digital products and all non-traditional varieties of the accessory are suitable.
Durability of the device depends on the product brand. Therefore, choosing an accessory, you need to focus on the prestige of the company, recognition, annual turnover and the life of the gadget.
It is not easy to choose a men’s watch with so many brands, but it is also known that each brand has its own characteristics, both in design and in the filling of devices. Therefore, it makes sense to trust companies that have already earned the trust of users.
The material from which the watch is made affects not only the appearance, but also its endurance, i.e. the duration of the wear of the products.
How the watch will look on your hand and whether it will be comfortable to wear depends on the width and length of the strap. A fixture that is well-adjusted in length will not allow the appliance to hang or press.
In addition to the usual straps, the watch can be attached with metal bracelets. In this case, so that the product fits perfectly, you can remove the extra links, or vice versa, add. In order for the strap to become a successful addition to the watch, you need to know the size of the wrist and decide what style the product should be in.
The main types of watches: mechanics and quartz
All watches according to the principle of the clockwork are divided into:
- mechanical – classic (with a manual spring winding, which must be performed once a day or three) or with automatic winding. Mechanical watches from well-known manufacturers are considered a more prestigious accessory than quartz watches in the same price category. The service life of high-quality mechanical watches is about 50 years.
- quartz – operating on quartz crystals, which, when current flows from the battery, give out pulses with a certain frequency. They are divided into analog (arrow) and digital – depending on how the information is presented to the user. A special case of quartz watches is electronic – they work on the same principle, but the information in them is reflected on a digital display (and sometimes in the form of arrows).
Due to the small size of the mechanism, mechanical watches can take very elegant forms, which are especially appreciated by sophisticated elegant women. Dear chronometers allow you to measure time periods in fractions of a second, although, by and large, this does not play a practical role for the average layman. Manual winding mechanics have a delicate complex mechanism, consisting of many parts, very sensitive to shocks and shocks. For those who often forget about the daily need to start their watches, self-winding models are recommended – the internal rotor of the mechanism, when moving the hand, transfers its vibrations to the movement of the rotating spring mechanism.
Any mechanical watch reacts to magnetic fields, requires periodic cleanings and adjustments, usually carried out every few years. Many people love classical mechanics for the smoothness of the arrows, the characteristic “ticking” and beauty – in modern models, designers often include skeletons that allow the transparent elements of the case to see the mechanism. Chronometers usually call watches of a certain degree of accuracy , confirmed by a certificate of the Swiss Chamber of Weights and Measures, which is why Swiss watches are considered a recognized icon of accuracy.
Compared to mechanical watches, quartz watches have a higher level of accuracy and resistance to adverse external influences (shock, falling, shaking, etc.). The service life of the mechanisms themselves in both types of watches is quite comparable – the wear of the base parts is the same, and a high-quality quartz battery lasts up to 10 years. But functionally quartz watches are in many ways superior to mechanical ones – many models not only show full-time, but also the current date, allow you to work with the calendar and set an alarm.
An alternative to the usual batteries in quartz movements can be automatic winding and solar panels (photocells). The mechanical movement of the hand while walking is converted into electrical energy sufficient to automatically recharge the battery – automatic winding is very convenient, because usually a person is in a state of constant movement. Photocells are a natural charge of hours from the generated solar energy: both the simple decision, and environmentally friendly.