How to clean the watch at home?
Brushing off dust from the surface of your hand-made accessory or home “walkers” is just a small fraction of what you can do. But even if you perform a similar procedure with enviable regularity, this will not be enough. Over time, you will have to allocate time and thoroughly clean the watch at home, or to be more precise – individual parts of the subject, for example, a dial. The following parts of the mechanism require constant care:
Cleaning will take place in three stages – we will deal with each of them in more detail.
Stage 1. Mechanism:
- Open the case and carefully remove the mechanism. To do this, you need to disconnect the screw that holds the mechanism in the case.
- If the dirt is large and visible to the naked eye, you can use a clean toothpick. Use it to remove dirt in easily accessible places.
Important! Manipulation should be carried out with extreme care so as not to break the tip of the toothpick. If it gets stuck inside – this can cause you new problems with getting the torn part out and a new question – how to repair a mechanical watch at home, due to the fact that this very toothpick damaged important structural elements.
- Use compressed air to clean the entire mechanism. Only apply slight pressure so as not to damage the delicate joints of all watch parts.
- Carry out the same procedure with the case. In this case, you can increase the air pressure for better cleaning.
- Take a thin brush and moisten it in pure gasoline or alcohol. Handle all the details of your mechanical watch with gentle smooth movements.
- Wipe with a cloth or napkin if there is a rough leak on the parts.
- Let the whole mechanism dry completely.
Stage 2. Case:
- Alcohol and gasoline will very well remove everything greasy and unnecessary from your watch. Moisten a cloth or cotton pad, swab and wipe the case.
- The corrosive dirt is cleaned inside and out with a brush dipped in one of these solutions. You can use a toothbrush.
- After carrying out these procedures, wipe all surfaces dry with a cloth.
Stage 3. Strap:
- Take a toothbrush with medium soft bristles to clean the strap from hard materials, and with soap or toothpaste clean all dirt.
- If the dirt is corrosive, then you need a brush moistened with gasoline or alcohol to clean the watch at home.
- For a strap with gold or silver dusting, use a cloth or swab instead of a brush.
- If the strap is made of leather or a substitute, then the swab moistened with a special solution for cleaning such a material will help remove dirt. Just wipe the strap carefully on both sides. For small contaminants, you can use the express solution – arm yourself with a damp antiseptic cloth and thoroughly wipe all the material.
- Wipe with a dry cloth and dry in a warm, ventilated area.
Important! In case your watch has a leather strap, do not use alcohol or gasoline. When using toxic materials, the skin will be damaged and lose its original appearance.
TYPES OF MECHANISMS
Let’s start with the mechanism. It can be either mechanics or quartz. Of course, a mechanical watch is a classic, a style and, after all, simply fashionable. But mechanics are not without a number of negative aspects.
Mechanical watches should be divided into automatic and manual windings. Mechanics, especially not very high quality, are not always accurate. That is why mechanical watches begin to rush over time or vice versa.
In addition, a mechanical watch is an order of magnitude more expensive than a quartz watch, as it is assembled manually. Quartz watches, in turn, are cheaper and at the same time not lagging behind. A maximum of fifteen seconds per month, but this is not critical. The batteries will last you for several years. They are assembled using automation in a factory with minimal human intervention.
MATERIALS FOR THE MANUFACTURE
The rarest option is aluminum. It is painfully flexible and short-lived. For a long time, such a watch will not last without scratches and one must be prepared for this.
Stainless steel watches are one of the most common options. Stainless and expensive watches are made from stainless steel. Steel is a strong and durable material, and rust will never touch your wrist mechanical favorite. The only negative is that such a watch is heavy.
Brass watches are only slightly inferior to steel. Such watches are also not easy, but brass is less durable. Although such a watch is a very good option.
A watch made of plastic, despite all the skepticism, is a very good option. If the plastic is of high quality, then it is able to withstand even strong shocks. Good plastic is used by well-known manufacturers.
Titanium watches may also be interesting. Lightness and strength are the most important qualities of this material.
TYPES OF GLASS
There are several types of glass – sapphire , plastic and mineral . As for the mineral, they put it on average-priced watches, but on more expensive models they put it exclusively – sapphire. The fact is that this is a very durable material, which is not so easy to scratch. Mineral glass, in turn, is easier to scratch but not break. A watch with a plastic glass holds bumps best, but a scratch is the easiest to put. Such glass is often put on an inexpensive watch .
WATCH WATER RESISTANCE
If you think that water resistance is not the most important function for a watch, then you are deeply mistaken. Even the most inexpensive watches are not afraid of raindrops, and you are not going to dive under water with them. But the number of meters means not only water resistance, but the maximum pressure at which your watch will remain intact. Good waterproof watches in Ukraine are presented in a huge number. We recommend that you watch water resistance from 50 meters, and for swimming from 100 meters and choose a non-leather strap.
In any case, when choosing a watch, you need to focus on the supply of money in your pocket, but it’s best not to be stingy. Men’s watches should look expensive – this is an axiom that no one has yet been able to destroy. It is worth noting that the watch is a great gift for a man. No matter how expensive your telephone is, there is nothing more solid than a man who casually glanced at his wristwatch.
IN MODERN WORLD
A men’s watch is not only a means for measuring time, but also a stylish multi-functional accessory complementing any image. The male audience appreciates their functionality, reliability, accuracy and, of course, their design. And the creators of watches, in turn, follow the latest fashion trends to make this accessory as stylish and interesting as possible. Among men’s collections there is a wide selection of different watches – from sports with a large number of various functions to elite classic traditional watches.
Men’s watches are made from a variety of materials such as stainless steel, which does not cause irritation and at the same time has a high degree of wear resistance, ceramic and polymer of the highest quality, hard titanium alloy and much more. The most expensive and luxurious male models of watches can be made of gold. A huge selection of design and color design of watches allows each buyer to choose a classic watch to taste. The straps are made of genuine leather, rubber, titanium, brass, polymer and even fabric. And the appearance of the dials and straps is amazing with its variety and style. Also, thanks to a large selection, you can choose a watch from different price categories.
The main types of watches: mechanics and quartz
All watches according to the principle of the clockwork are divided into:
- mechanical – classic (with a manual spring winding, which must be performed once a day or three) or with automatic winding. Mechanical watches from well-known manufacturers are considered a more prestigious accessory than quartz watches in the same price category. The service life of high-quality mechanical watches is about 50 years.
- quartz – operating on quartz crystals, which, when current flows from the battery, give out pulses with a certain frequency. They are divided into analog (arrow) and digital – depending on how the information is presented to the user. A special case of quartz watches is electronic – they work on the same principle, but the information in them is reflected on a digital display (and sometimes in the form of arrows).
Due to the small size of the mechanism, mechanical watches can take very elegant forms, which are especially appreciated by sophisticated elegant women. Dear chronometers allow you to measure time periods in fractions of a second, although, by and large, this does not play a practical role for the average layman. Manual winding mechanics have a delicate complex mechanism, consisting of many parts, very sensitive to shocks and shocks. For those who often forget about the daily need to start their watches, self-winding models are recommended – the internal rotor of the mechanism, when moving the hand, transfers its vibrations to the movement of the rotating spring mechanism.
Any mechanical watch reacts to magnetic fields, requires periodic cleanings and adjustments, usually carried out every few years. Many people love classical mechanics for the smoothness of the arrows, the characteristic “ticking” and beauty – in modern models, designers often include skeletons that allow the transparent elements of the case to see the mechanism. Chronometers usually call watches of a certain degree of accuracy , confirmed by a certificate of the Swiss Chamber of Weights and Measures, which is why Swiss watches are considered a recognized icon of accuracy.
Compared to mechanical watches, quartz watches have a higher level of accuracy and resistance to adverse external influences (shock, falling, shaking, etc.). The service life of the mechanisms themselves in both types of watches is quite comparable – the wear of the base parts is the same, and a high-quality quartz battery lasts up to 10 years. But functionally quartz watches are in many ways superior to mechanical ones – many models not only show full-time, but also the current date, allow you to work with the calendar and set an alarm.
An alternative to the usual batteries in quartz movements can be automatic winding and solar panels (photocells). The mechanical movement of the hand while walking is converted into electrical energy sufficient to automatically recharge the battery – automatic winding is very convenient, because usually a person is in a state of constant movement. Photocells are a natural charge of hours from the generated solar energy: both the simple decision, and environmentally friendly.